Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Upcoming Endeavors

I am so excited to make this pizza recipe that I found on epicurious. The picture looks amazing, and although the reviews are great on the crust's consistency, no one comments on the actual flavor in that recipe, so I will have to see for myself. Pizza is one of the dishes that I miss the most. If it comes out well tomorrow, I will post the picture and the recipe soon after.

I also want to make MORE bagels (they came out great!) This alone gave me hope that all substitutions are possible, and tasty. Maybe some cinnamon raisin for cream cheese, and some onion for egg sandwiches.

I will retry the pita recipe from the Living Without magazine. This time replacing the yeast with the buttermilk since that may be one of the culprits in my unhappy system. Can't wait to have that with a greek salad, and then also as a large sandwich wrap.

Chilequiles will be a breakfast dish that I will try soon. Already naturally gluten free! I saw the recipe somewhere today on yahoo, but cannot remember exactly, which is why I am creating this blog for my memory-challenged mind! I think the chips get baked about 20min with the toppings combined in the same dish. Not sure yet how to get the eggs right though...

And once my Breadman machine comes that my sweet, sweet supportive husband ordered for me, I am going to try using the sandwich mix by Pamela in that machine. This was recommended by Karina and many others, so I am excited to be able to make real sandwiches again! I also want to make a french bread again, but this time not fat-free, and w/o the yeast. Pamela's brownie mix wasn't bad either, but not quite as good as the 365 brand.

Graham crackers from Living Without is also on the list for summer smores on the soon-coming camping trips.

I want to try the breaded chicken from bellandevans.com for chicken tenders with ranch, chicken parmigiana, and the sweet and sour chicken recipe that I found and saved in my own bookmarks and am dying to try. Hopefully I can find this at whole foods. If not, it can be ordered.

Then, a yellow cake from either Living Without, or from Bette Hagman's recipebook. Followed by frosting.

Oh, and the buffalo chicken dip recipe (with wing sauce) that I have had at two separate occasions and could NOT stop eating. I need to get the recipe first, and then will share. This is a great recipe for any get together that people will rave about.

My beloved spinach dip with a homemade mix by Bette Hagman, maybe with some artichokes added, and then served with her salem crumpets recipe.

GF bread crumbs, and croutons, so that I can make my own ceasar salad, and mom can make me some of her awesome signature pasta sauce :)

Stovetop lasagna, so good!

Nicole's chocolate chip recipe that she swears by.

Cream cheese sugar cookie recipe in my old computer's bookmarks. Perfect for xmas cookies, when the time comes again.

I had better get to sleep so that I have time and energy to create new tasty pleasures tomorrow!

No comments: